Thursday, August 20, 2015

CEF has a wonderful team here in the States

Last night we had our AGM in New York and I caught myself thinking during the meeting that we had a very caring, intelligent, proactive board, and on top of that I really like each of them.

Among the many subjects we discussed was adding two specific people to our board who have an incredible work history, multiple skills and a fountain of knowledge. We could learn so much from them both, so it was very exciting to know both of them wanted to be on the CEF board.

Prior to the meeting I had a call from a fundraising adviser who encouraged me to treat him like one of the board and ask questions any time I needed to. Such a generous spirit!

During the week I had been communicating with a very dear caring couple who are business advisers for CEF as they both have a business background, as well as NGO experience in Vietnam. We were discussing when to meet on their next two trips to Vietnam and what meetings, home visits and training with the staff was possible.

Also during the week a partner organization we have here in the States emailed me to inform me of sponsorships that have been renewed for this coming academic year. They have found sponsors for many of our CEF children and also help by keeping in touch with these sponsors.

These are just some of the wonderful people helping us.  I feel so blessed to have these selfless, caring, big-hearted friends supporting CEF to assist girls in Vietnam receive an education.

No comments:

Post a Comment