Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Sometimes uneducated parents can't understand the importance of an education ~ Guest blog by CEF's Ms Ngoc


The majority of the families CEF is helping are doing very well and supporting their children's education a lot but there’s a girl I am really worried about.  Every time I see her, her results are worse. I am sure her parents are doing the best they know how to as they both had just three or four years of primary education so it’s not surprising that when it comes to Phuong’s schooling, they don’t realize how important it is to help her improve her results. What they could do is let her go to extra tuition classes and also not ask her to do so much around the house and to care for her younger siblings.
Every time I visit them, I try to help them to see how vital it is for P to do well in school and be able to eventually finish high school.  I am worried that she will follow the example of her older sister who dropped out of school at 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment