Friday, April 27, 2018

Humans of Children's Education Foundation ~ Translated by CEF's Thuy Tran


My name is D and I am in grade 12, my final year of high school. When I was only 8 years old my parents divorced and I had to live with my grandmother and my mentally ill uncle. My grandmother passed away a few years ago, so I don’t want to lose my uncle. I hope he will live a long time with me, so I can have the chance to support him and look after him. I’ve always hoped that I could grow up quickly, so that I could find a job and support myself and help my family.


When I graduated from secondary school, I felt confused because I wanted to work but was not brave enough to drop out of school at that young age. Thanks to the advice of my sponsor and CEF, instead I am doing my best to complete high school with the best results possible. This academic year is my last year at high school and I know that my decision about not applying to university may make my sponsor, CEF staff and Ms. Linda disappointed, but the four years of university is too long for me to wait to be able to earn. I want to be a waitress. CEF has told me about a famous hospitality training center in my home town and the course is free for poor students, so I decided to apply to do this professional course, and then be able to work locally.


No comments:

Post a Comment